The TOP 7 Books: Starting a Business Edition
I HAD TO WRITE THIS POST BECAUSE I’M ALWAYS GETTING ASKED…
“KENZIE HOW DID YOU START YOUR BUSINESS?”…
“KENZIE WHAT’S YOUR ADVICE FOR STARTING A BUSINESS?” …
“KENZIE WHAT BOOKS DO YOU RECOMMEND?” AND MORE!!!
I LEARNED SO MUCH, IT’S NOT EVEN FUNNY… THROUGH BOOKS. YES, THAT’S RIGHT I LEARNED A CRAZY AMOUNT ABOUT BUSINESS NOT ONLY THROUGH EXPERIENCE BUT THROUGH READING AS WELL. HERE ARE MY TOP 7 BOOKS FOR STARTING A BUSINESS IN 2020.
Click any of the titles to find the books on Amazon!
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean HillThis one has so much to do with mindset and has to be one of my top reads! If you haven’t read this one yet… highly recommend! It teaches you how to get pretty much anything that you want in life by using some really powerful principles! It’s absolutely amazing and life-changing. An all-time favorite and classic.
- I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit SethiAnother really great read, as you can tell by the title this one teaches you ALL about finances. This book legitimately changed my life and teaches this I didn’t come close to learning in college-level finance courses. The author teaches everything you need to know about all things finance related in super simple and understandable terms.
- The 10 Day MBA by Steven SilbigerI studied business in college and communications and have to say this book was BEYOND helpful to me when I was starting my business! I always flip back to certain pages (especially in accounting because it’s not my specialty!) It teaches you how to pretty much do all things business-related!
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert KiyosakOkay, another favorite! This book and I Will Teach You To Be Rich have to be tied in the world of finance books for me. They do teach different principles while still on the topic of finance. Rich Dad Poor Dad teaches basic investing and SUPER important money mindset techniques that have changed my life for the better (I will never look at working and exchanging time for money in the same perspective.) I Will Teach You To Be Rich goes into more detail on investing rather than the principles of managing a strong money mindset.
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim FerrisThis book I love! It is one of those books that people tend to really love or not like at all. I love the principles mentioned in this book. Tim Ferris teaches you so much about how to do SO many different things in life while working less like traveling the world while living a laptop lifestyle and more. It is a longer read but he mentions in the book that it can be read in a way where you can flip to certain chapters that you are trying to grow on or read the entire book. In my opinion, it’s definitely worth getting there are so many great values mentioned you’re definitely going to get something out of it.
- You Are A Badass at Making Money by Jen SinceroJen Sincero is an amazing author, in my opinion, she talks about all things making money in this book and it’s written so seamlessly. Her writing makes you feel like she’s talking to you and she’s giving you all her advice and tells you how you can get started!
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThis book will change your people skills forever it’s another must-have! Having the power to have great conversations and connect with people is so important no matter if you have your own business, are going to start a business or are in any career field in general.